Wednesday, September 5, 2018

School is Back in Session

 Yesterday was my oldest daughter's first official day of kindergarten.  I've seen tons of back-to-school pictures, memes, parodies, and videos. I'm a proud supporter of parenting comedy. I have been looking forward to school starting just like the rest. I have to say , I couldn't be more excited. Its not for the reason people think, however. While, yes, having a little me-time is great, I'm really stoked because I finally have some kind of routine and I, actually, feel like a better mom. Now that school has started I feel as though my day has a little more structure. There are drawbacks too, of course. Who came up with this early morning thing? And juggling everyone's schedule is a tedious chore. But at least now I have something I have to do besides keeping little people alive. I figured out fairly quickly to have clothes, backpacks, hair bands, and shoes ready the night before. Coffee gets made before I even consider getting anyone dressed. I am forced to go walking to take her to school, which means I'll eventually get back in shape.  I, also, now have a purpose for that double stroller I bought that doesn't include collecting dust in the garage.I feel like I have more hours in the day and more time to spend with my other two children. The tv has been on much less. I am finally enforcing their bed time routine. Even though I miss having my baby girl home during the day, she's a spectacular helper and a major source of entertainment, kindergarten is so much better than half day preschool. I get a small break that I desperately need. I'm also, forced out of my own personal laziness. I didn't think that one child being in school everyday would impact me this much. Yet,  I'm glad it does because everyone is happier. I really do feel like a better mom. I hope everyone else is enjoying school being in session. Go watch some back-to-school parody videos while you have the free time and share your favorites with the rest of us. Here is my favorite: https://youtu.be/sQCvZrkZfas
Happy school year parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging Bats Craft

With Halloween approaching, I have embraced my artsy side and scoured the internet for fun decorations to make with kids. These Hanging ...